Here are some of the symptoms of dry eye.
- You feel like your eyes are stinging and burning
- There is a scratchy or gritty feeling like something is in your eye
- There are strings of mucus in or around your eyes
- Your eyes are red or irritated. This is especially true when you are in the wind or near cigarette smoke
- It is painful to wear contact lenses
- You have lots of tears in your eyes
Having a lot of tears in your eyes with “dry eye” might sound odd. But your eyes make more tears when they are irritated by dry eye.
Content shared from the American Academy of Ophthalmology
More on dry eye diagnosis