The Centre for Aging + Brain Health Innovation (CABHI) is a solution accelerator focused on driving innovation in the aging and brain health sector. We help improve quality of life for the world’s aging population – allowing older adults to age safely in the setting of their choice while maintaining their cognitive, emotional, and physical well-being.
Keeping your brain healthy is a vital part of active aging. Brain health isn’t only related to functions like memory, cognition, and mental health, but also intersects with everyday considerations like the food you eat and your leisure activities.
How can you make sure your brain health is in the best shape possible? Take a look at our materials below to learn, try, and discuss more!
- Webcast: Supercharge Your Aging Journey on October 3, 2019. Join our live session for a unique chance to ask questions and learn directly from scientists and experts at Baycrest and the Rotman Research Institute. Save the date and stay tuned for further details!
- Your Guide to Memory + Brain Health
- Your Guide to Cognitive Engagement + Brain Health
- Your Guide to Mood + Brain Health
- Your Guide to Food + Brain Health
- Your Guide to Art + Brain Health
- 14 Things You Can Change to Help Prevent Dementia presentation
- Rate Your Own Cognitive Engagement activity
- Practice Making Associations memory activity
- Brain-healthy recipes from the Mindfull cookbook
- Active Seniors by the Perley Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre, a website where you can access high-quality recreation and arts activities through how-to videos and resources for free
- Fountain of Health Wellness App, a free educational app that helps you set and keep important health goals
- Art on the Brain by Baycrest, a fun and affordable online recreation activity that uses art to stimulate your brain
- Memory and Aging Program™ by Baycrest, a memory intervention workshop for healthcare professionals to educate older adults in their communities
- Facilitator discussion guide. Use this resource to encourage discussion in your group about the video presentations below!
- Active Seniors Video + Discussion
- Fountain of Health Video + Discussion
- Sharing Dance Video + Discussion
Learn more about the Centre for Aging + Brain Health Innovation and our work at www.cabhi.com.
Content shared from the Active Aging Week Campaign