Business Office Manager
Join Our Team
Our diverse team of medical, clinical, optical, and administrative staff at Oregon Eye Specialists are the heart of our business. We believe that investing in the health, happiness, and growth of our team is one of the most strategic priorities for the company. In turn, our employees internalize our values and believe in delivering our mission of Clarity to patients every day.
As such, we are committed to offering a robust benefits program (competitive compensation, comprehensive health care, cutting-edge technology, vibrant workspaces, etc.) – but we’ve found that true-fit candidates are excited by a number of unique employee offerings, including:
An intimate culture
You won’t find an empty corporate environment at OES. We work hard to make sure that our staff and our patients benefit from an intimate culture and small clinic setting.
When we hire smart, talented people, they attract and help foster a culture of performance around them.
The same doctors and staff that you work alongside every day are dedicated to making OES a great place to work. Leadership helps employees understand where we’re headed as a business, what we (as an organization) are here to accomplish, and how you can help.
Every day at OES we deliver the gift of sight and help our patients get back to life.
Opportunity for growth
We believe that every professional deserves an employer invested in cultivating their professional skills and pursuing a meaningful career path. At OES, we strive to ensure that team members have every opportunity to grow and evolve.
All OES team members must possess a strong team-oriented approach, excellent communication skills (verbal and written), superb attention to detail, ability to multi-task without sacrificing accuracy, a calm demeanor in the midst of busy clinic operations, the ability to provide clear and supportive feedback to peers and providers, and genuinely enjoy going above and beyond in an effort to provide an exceptional patient experience.
If this sounds like you, please see our open positions below. To apply, simply email us your resume and cover letter, and include the name of the open position you’d like to be considered for in the subject line of your email.
Oregon Eye Specialists is looking for a Billing Office Manager who’s ready to dive in and make an immediate impact in our organization.
The job in a nutshell:
The Billing Office Manager will oversee the daily medical billing operations and will act as a patient liaison.
This role is designed for a person who loves people (patients, staff, and vendor partners) as well as the nuts-and-bolts side of planning and process. As the Billing Office Manager, you’ll offer support to staff and assist in coaching and development, build and maintain effective relationships with industry representatives, physicians, and management, as well as help develop and enforce billing policy and procedure.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
At Oregon Eye Specialists, core values, abilities, and a demonstrable track record of success are more important to us than direct experience. That being said, an ideal candidate would meet the minimum requirements and have the following skills:
- Direct and manage the day-to-day operations of the billing department, focusing on the delivery of efficient and quality care for patients, interact with and care for patients and clinic staff in a manner consistent with OES mission and values.
- Monitor insurance contracts and ensure billing and EOB audits comply with these contracts.
- Coordinate and maintain appropriate level of staff to support the clinic needs; produces and maintains staff schedule, including approving time off and maintains payroll procedure for staff.
- Develop goals and objectives for the billing department and clinic staff.
- Responsible to train and onboard new hires.
- Create and implement billing staff training, continued education, and staff schedule programs at each clinic.
- Hiring and termination of staff with assistance from HR. Perform staff evaluations.
- Understand billing operations and workflows, provides recommendations to enhance procedures when necessary. Ensure billing practices and procedures across sites comply with applicable state and federal regulations.
- Coordinate with clinic managers to ensure proper billing and insurance policies and procedures are implemented and maintained.
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort.
- Foster teamwork, provide feedback, development, and discipline to staff, and huddles with providers regularly regarding staff performance. Perform interim and annual performance evaluations for all staff.
- Motivate and keep the team focused and on-track. Recognize and celebrate team accomplishments and exceptional performance.
- Participate in Compliance Committee.
- Manage patient disputes/complaints, document concerns when needed.
- Follow incident reporting procedures when employee or patient has an incident.
- Ensure practices and procedures within clinic comply with applicable state and federal regulations, with strong emphasis on patient confidentiality and compliance with HIPAA/HITECH.
- Ensure facilities and equipment is in working order and arranges for maintenance and repair as necessary.
- Collaborate with OES leadership to develop, implement, and enforce billing policies and procedures – meets regularly to maintain alignment.
- Implement and manage new initiatives as requested by administration.
- Stay current with industry trends and technological developments, and make recommendations to enhance business opportunities for the practice.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in relevant field. Relevant experience may be substituted.
- 3-5 years of experience in Accounts Receivable and Collections environment.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with, managing, and motivating a team.
- Track record of successful team performance with a flexible, open leadership style.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – you display a high degree of diplomacy and tact even in challenging situation.
- Possess a strong understanding of ophthalmology, medical billing operations, industry trends and technology.
- Application of high-level organization and problem solving skills – you act quickly and follow through when problems occur.
- Experience working with computer operating systems and software programs commonly found in a medical billing environment.
The American with Disabilities Act requires that responsible accommodations be made for qualified individuals to help perform the required duties and tasks of the position. Please let us know at the time you apply for the position if you will need any special accommodations.
OES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. OES does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, as well as a drug screening test.
Ready to get started? To apply, please email us your detailed cover letter and resume.